Thursday, January 30, 2014

Working towards the first alphabet

I was given a Gelli plate for Christmas so I’ve decided to use it for my first 2014 alphabet.
 I’ve never used one before so I want to keep it simple.
I’m exploring how stylised a letter can be or how little of it do you need to see in order for it to be readable as that letter. I’m going to use these positive/negative shapes to create 26 abstract prints.
I’ve not decided yet how I’ll put them together.
These are the closest to what I'm after. Shame the Y is the wrong way round

2 comments:

  1. looks like a fun exercise - getting to know your gelliplate and pushing yourself to print letters and to work out how much you can leave out! I like these Jac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a look at the gelliplate online and bought one! It is such a beautiful effect - so translucent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - we appreciate hearing from you!