But they would not sit as a Flag book should, and I had no idea how I would reinforce the back fabric so it would have hills and valleys, So I undid it all.....but not each sewn square as I had trimmed the seams down to a minimum before I turned them right side out so if I started unpicking those I'd have to go right back to "A". I had also trimmed too much to make cubes so I was left with trying to salvage the squares I had sewn.
I have sewn a length of fabric to each square and it will be the spine of sorts. I'm hand sewing each square to each other. The fabric spine reminds me of folds for smocking so I might try that once I get it all together, With hindsight I see I would have had far more options if I had not put the wadding (quilting foam) into each square. It now reminds me of a child's bath book, and that's not what I had in mind when I started,
So now I just want to get it all assembled and see if I can rescue it at the end with some interesting finishing touches.